Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Sun Came Out in Córdoba

The sun came out in Córdoba today. I was walking through la Plaza de Tendillas down Concepción, and it was its rainy, gray self. And then all of a sudden, I couldn't see. I winced and put my hand up to my face, squinting to see what light was shining in my eyes, and low and behold, it was the sun. The clouds had broken and there it was, amongst the rain clouds. I couldn't believe it! It was like someone had felt my sorrows and willed the sun to come out just for me. And of course, I used it to my advantage. I looked straight ahead, kept walking and felt the old me come back, even if just for a few minutes. I guess things are finally starting to look up. I'm going to a jazz club tonight, and yes, I'm going to be that girl. Drinking coffee. In a jazz bar. In the dark. And guess what? I'm going to like.



No comments:

Post a Comment