Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thoughts Before I Leave...

My bus leaves Córdoba at 1am. I arrive at Madrid Barajas Airport at 6:35 am, and my flight takes off at 9:35 am. Then, we catch a connecting flight in Milan, and once we're in Budapest, it begins. I've packed and organized and scheduled and all the things you're supposed to do before a trip, but for some reason, I'm still uneasy. The end of Spring Break marks the middle of my program, meaning come April 5th, I have about a month and a half left here. I knew it would go by quickly; it would have been naive of me to think otherwise. But for some reason, I still can't believe it. And the thing that scares me most is that once I'm back home, it could very well feel like I'd never been here at all...

I suppose that's how traveling always goes though. You leave, you live, you go home. The memories live on, but like everything, they dull with time, and after awhile, they become the life you once lived and no longer live.

After Spring Break, I have to worry about housing for senior year. I register for classes April 12th, and once I leave Spain, I'm officially a senior.

I'm trying my hardest to live in the present right now, but for some reason, it's been difficult this past week. I've had so much on my mind that I really haven't been sleeping well. But I think this break will do me some good because once I come back, I have to put my nose to the grindstone as the semester and my junior year wind down...

Oh, and I have to start looking at Grad schools...did I mention that?
I don't think my life is ever going to slow down from here on out. But I guess I can either live with it, take what comes and enjoy the ride OR I can fight it and make myself miserable.
...I think we all know which one I'm going to choose (or what any sane person would choose for that matter).

I'm excited to go home--don't get me wrong. But I also know that once I do, it's time to grow up--

No comments:

Post a Comment