Sunday, April 4, 2010

Berlin



Day #1:

I was overcome with relief once we pulled into Berlin earlier today. It’s our last stop before we head back to Córdoba, and well, it’s been a very long break. I’m tired, but I’m so glad I did this.

Anyway, Berlin is familiar territory, so I’m assuming that’s another reason why I felt relieved on arrival. I love it here for some reason. It’s just one of those places that feels “right” to me. It’s such a comfortable city.

The Holocaust Memorial is still my favorite part of the entire city: it’s a totally powerful experience, and walking through it at night in total darkness just made it even more powerful. I love Berlin, and it’s a true love.





Day #2:

Today was so gorgeous. A part of me is excited to go back to Córdoba, but the other part of me will miss travelling. Living like this is so easy in some ways. You do what you want, when you want and how you want. You don’t answer to anybody. Sure, it takes awhile to get oriented in a place, but once you know what you’re doing, it’s smooth sailing. And honestly, it’s so invigorating to know I can live like this and…well…survive.

I need to figure myself out. I feel like I’m not “myself”, even though right now, I’m probably more “myself” than I’ve ever been. This trip has made me fall into love with the world, and although we’ve had some weird moments, this vacation has truly been a beautiful experience.

Anyway, I’m so glad we ended our trip in Berlin.

But…I still have so much world to see. Will I have enough time? Will I ever be satisfied? Will I ever want to stay in one place forever?

There is just so much uncertainty right now. I can’t limit myself; I can’t be afraid; I can’t settle. I have to keep living and moving, and when it’s time to slow down, I’ll just know. But until then, this is the life I choose. I choose the world as my home; I choose an impermanent address; I choose to be young, free and unafraid.


The Wall


No comments:

Post a Comment